During the period of the global financial and economic crisis, PJSC “Zaporizhia Mechanical Plant” faced a significant decline in the economic activity of the markets for spare parts for railway rolling stock. This recession is caused not only by the consequences of the weakening of the global financial and economic system, but also by the cyclical development of the railway engineering industry itself.
In order to overcome negative market factors, a strategy for the sustainable development of an enterprise was formulated. Its main objectives are as follows:
1. Optimization of enterprise activity:
- rationalization of production and other internal processes;
- reducing the cost of finished products;
- reduction of energy consumption and energy resources (FER);
- minimizing the negative impact on the environment.
2. Strengthening the market position due to consistently high quality and expanding the range of manufactured products.
3. The introduction and use of modern and innovative technologies in the enterprise.
As part of the sustainable development strategy, the following areas were identified and partially implemented:
- energy management;
- quality control;
- environmental management.